RE: POW 19.12.99 questions

Subject: RE: POW 19.12.99 questions
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 01:47:32 CDT

On Wed, 17 May 2000, Alexey Sintutin wrote:
> [...]

Just to make some things clear here ... I'll take a look
atht eh Photon version of this when I get back to work next
week. I think however that it might be nice to have an
XP version of this call. That way if the native plaform
has such a callout then great, we can use it, otherwise
we can use the generic and likely slower XP version.

During the initial discussion here I was very afraid that
this was not a filled polygone, but a color set on the
pologon itself. Doing this for each platform, when we
already have a setLineWidth(), polyLine and setColor
XAP calls disturbed me.

I think that our graphics class could probably do with
some generalization so that we don't need to have a
drawChar() function which is just a specific instance
of drawChars(). When InsertSymbol failed to towrk for
me because there was an empty drawChar() function at
the XP layer (rather than having it call drawChars with
a length 1 character) it was a real pain.

Thomas