Re: A Proposal (why we should have setBold(true))

Subject: Re: A Proposal (why we should have setBold(true))
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 09:26:53 CDT

I agree that there is much bogosity in passing around properties in
the form of strings and lists of same.

In fact, I got fed up with this once and tried to fix the situation.
I did not complete the task, but I did learn just how widespread and
pervasive this particular implementation tactic is. Lots and lots
of code will have to be fixed in order to remedy this situation.
Have a look at the toolbar state management code.

Bottom line: In principle, your proposal is very sensible, and
it should probably have been done a long time ago. Just try to clear
your schedule for 2-3 days when you sit down to try and make the
code change. :-)

--

Eric W. Sink, Software Craftsman SourceGear Corporation eric@sourcegear.com