Re: commit -- Code Guidelines

Subject: Re: commit -- Code Guidelines
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 21:32:41 CDT

sam th wrote:
> Well, I finally got around to committing most of these changes (but not
> the controversial ones).

I'd say that using 'i' for Index and 'n' for Number is not controversial
(regarding point one in the Guidelines).

I've also seen prefix 'f' lately. In BeOS almost (if not) everithing is
prepended with 'f' (for Field I think), but on other platforms it could
equally be seen as Flag (meaning even a bool), forwarder, font, file
(fIn, fOut)... You get the point. I think this point in the Code
Guidelines should be more clear.

/Mike