Superscript (run?) bug

Subject: Superscript (run?) bug
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 17:53:02 CDT

While testing my LibOLE stuff, I noticed this strange behaviour. It's
rather hard to explain, so I've attached a document which exhibits it, so
you can try it out. It's happening in the current CVS under Linux and it
also occurs in 0.7.8 under Windows.

Load the document. Look at the lines which read "Normal 20, This is a red,
superscripted sentence in all caps, bolded italic and word underlined in
font size 20, normal 20" on the second page. The red underlined text at the
start of the second line should be superscript, but it isn't, it's just
small. The toolbar icons report do it as superscript, however. Highlight
all the red underlined area (including the leading/trailing spaces) and
press the superscript toolbar button twice. All is now correct. Press undo
twice. All is still correct (i.e. it now appears to be showing the original
state correctly). But it geets stranger still... Quit AbiWord, load it up
again, and load the document again. Go to the line, but this time ony
highlight the red text (i.e. not the leading/trailing underlines) and press
the superscript button twice. Under my Linux CVS build, the text moves into
a superscript position, but the underline doesn't (i.e. the text is hovering
above the underline). Under Windows 0.7.8 the selection 'superscripts'
itsself properly. Pressing undo twice leaves the selection in it's 'new'
state.

Jamie.

P.S. should I submit this to bugzilla?