Word 2000 import (Was: RE: Superscript (run?) bug)

Subject: Word 2000 import (Was: RE: Superscript (run?) bug)
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 19:14:45 CDT

> From: sam@bur-jud-118-039.rh.uchicago.edu
>
> On Wed, 31 May 2000, James Montgomerie wrote:
>
> > I think the format is the same as 97, so they should 'Just Work'.
>
> Sadly, they don't all 'just work'. I recently had a document that opened
> in Word 2000 but not in AbiWord. I'll have to test your patch and see.

I noticed a bug (#868) in bugzilla about this. I've mailed the reporter
about his document, and I'll post it (should he agree) with a link in the
test case field when I get a reply.

On another note, my patch may (sort of) fix bug# 772 (not that i'm one to
'count my chickens' or anything), caused (I think) by the old OLE decoder's
use of temporary files. The bug will (technically) still be there, but
should only now manifect itsself when LibOLE2 fails and we fall back to the
old routines. In any case, the temporary filenames are generated by the
OS-provided tmpnam() function, so it's 'not our fault' :-) (Did I use enough
brackets?)

> Looks like I'll have to work faster to get round-trip HTML before you get
> it for Word. :-)

Round-trip Word? It's coming soon! (It's always good to be optimistic,
isn't it?)

Jamie.