Re: XIM, bug #435

Subject: Re: XIM, bug #435
From: Petr Tesarik (tesarik@lupa.cz)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 13:54:59 CDT

Dne Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:50:08PM +1000, Martin Sevior napsal(a):

> On Wed, 31 May 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:
>
> There is a lot of interest in getting XIM in. Unfortunately I can't
> personally test it because I don't have XIM and I have no idea how to
> test it. If hj is not around anymore can you test it Aaron? If
> you think it is OK I will commit it.
>
> The patch is located at:

I looked on it - why are we duplicating Xlib's work in X11ToUnicode()?
Although currently GDK uses XmbLookupString(), not XwcLookupString(),
which would return Unicode string directly, we can use mbstowcs() to
do the task for us. I tested it a bit and it seems to return just
about the same Unicode characters as the X11ToUnicode() does. Anyone
sees why we can't simplify our lives?

bye,

--
Petr Tesarik