Re: A Proposal (why we should have setBold(true))

Subject: Re: A Proposal (why we should have setBold(true))
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 19:25:19 CDT

On Wed, 31 May 2000, sam th wrote:

> Well, James says that word export is on the way in a few weeks, so that
> seems under control. The list patch is waiting on the fields rewrite,
> althoug Martin (who seems to be the current maintainer) may reconsider.
> There are lots of bugs, though.

I'm thinking of attempting the list patch again even though we can't
release binaries generating lists until the field support is fixed.
However I think my next project will be to finish off the Tab's dialog
which I might be able to finish in a week provided I don't decide to work
on my day job at night :-)

There are many other dialogs that need implementing too. Page Numbers,
Headers/Footers, Page setup, styles and elements of options. I hope that
sometime soon Alexey will finish "Show Paragraph" and Joaquin's goto-line
is waiting on some code review/QA.

Then there is the modelessizing of find/replace, spelling, options and I
want to add a new feature that would be great for preparing
transperencies. A dialog (modeless of course!) with 8 or more
user-definable colours selected by radio buttons. Put the dialog next the
window and change colours on the fly. Makes producing coloured
transperencies a snap! Another non-MS word feature :-)

All-in-all plenty of features for new hackers to work on :-)

Cheers

Martin