Re: Where are the AbiSource guys?

Subject: Re: Where are the AbiSource guys?
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 20:08:41 CDT

At 06:59 AM 5/31/00 -0500, Eric W. Sink wrote:
>Paul has been busy with a variety of other endeavors, most notably,
>preparing to the be the new father of twins. You'll see him involved
>too.
>
>I will let each of these guys augment their explanations if they choose
>to do so. I'm just giving my impressions, my $.02.

Nope, that about covers it for me. :-)

Today was the first time I've been able to build the tree since early April,
and it was really cool to play with some of the great work that's been
happening while I've been off in Lamaze land, such as:

  - view paragraphs (all but the selectable backwards Ps)
  - modeless dialogs (way to go Martin!)
  - drawing focus indicators better (a pet peeve of mine)
  - and, of course, the Galician translation :-)

Given all the email traffic I've been surfing through, I'm sure there's
plenty of other work I haven't noticed yet. Frankly, I'm kind of feeling a
bit left behind.

So...

... between now and the time the twins arrive, I'm going to be on a focused
push to see what it'll take to get fields done and behind us. If anyone
else is currently doing or planning to do any implementation work in this
area, please contact me privately. For obvious reasons, the last thing I
want to do at this point in my life is duplicate any work I don't have to.
;-)

Paul

PS: No, I won't be writing any POWs for the foreseeable future. It's a
race between fields and those twins, and I've gotta stay focused.