Re: Commit: Dbl Click Symbol...

Subject: Re: Commit: Dbl Click Symbol...
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 00:40:12 CST

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Double clicking a symbol now inserts the symbol too on Unix and Gnome,
> thus removing the only "pet-peeve" I had with the dialog (writing long
> German papers gets to be rough when you always have to hit the insert
> button). Other platform maintainers may wish to add similar functionailty.
> This was a 2 line change on Unix.

Great Idea! I was wondering how to get quicker input via this dialog. My
thoughts were more on the line of a toggle button for immediate input
after selecton. Double clicking is a much better solution.

This is the sort of thing I dreamed of doing before starting on Abi.
Implementing my own features.

Cheers

Martin