Re: Report for chinese

Subject: Re: Report for chinese
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 10:32:24 CST

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Belcon Zhao wrote:

> Hello
> Vlad Harchev дµÀ¡Ã
> >
> >On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Belcon wrote:
> >
> > Hello Belcon,
> >
> > > After I apply Vlad's i18n patch(whose name is abi-oct24.patch),cjk.patch
> > > and next-cjk-patch.diff
> > > on clean AbiWord 0.7.11,I still found that AbiWord can't work with RTF
> > > format file normally.
> > > And so,we can't copy&paste CJK characters in AW,read and show CJK
> > > characters correctly.
> >
> > What do you mean by 'read & show'?
> >

> Sorry for my poor english.Here,I mean AW import Chinese RTF file and
> show the characters on screen correctly.

 OK.
 I've attached a patch to ie_exp_RTF*.cpp that should make RTFs produced by AW
successfully importable into it (so cut&paste will work fine) though old Words
won't understand those RTFs.
 Could you try it and report results?

> > Have your tried the most recent patch by me that was making use of
> >gdk_fontset_load() instead of gdk_font_load() in gr_UnixGraphics.cpp?
> >

> Yes,sure.I have found the way to deal with this bug.That is my ugly
> patch!
> :-(

 That's very strange. This should be traced. May be this will work only on
Modern XFree's or Xlibs only?

> >[...]
> > > BTW: It seemed that current AW CVS version hadn't apply all CJK patch
> > > of Vlad.After I install it,it even can't show CJK characters in
> > > menu and toolbar.:-(
> >
> > Wow! I didn't expect this..
> > I will check it 8 hours later.
>
> Sorry.After I update my abi CVS version.It work fine!Sorry again!

 Very nice to hear that. So I will check it much later then :)

> > [..]
> > So please try adding "else return UT_TRUE;" there and report results with
> > only this modification (without fix you've proposed).
> >

> I am not familiar with AW.But when I tried to do as what you said,AW
> come accross with same problem as not be fixed befor.:-(
> I will debug next Monday!

 OK. This definitely needs tracing. Something wrong with something. I repeat,
that code works fine with russian (text data in RTF is in other charset).

>[...]

 Best regards,
  -Vlad