Re: Commit: Dynamic Zoom for Abi.

Subject: Re: Commit: Dynamic Zoom for Abi.
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 16:13:27 CST

From: Thomas Fletcher <thomasf@qnx.com>
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2000 8:56 AM
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>

> > Michael Pritchett's ultra cool dynamic zoom patch. This a lovely
feature.

> I've implemented the functionality for QNX/Photon. One
> question that I had when I was doing the patch was ..
> is there a reason that we couldn't have rolled this into
> an XP function call? Just curious.

Thomas -

If you can figure out a way, I would sure like doing it. This hack breaks
the division between XP and AP, but a nice feature. I couldn't figure out a
better way to get it done.

The zoom calcs are located in the AP portion (FV_View) and it seemed like a
difficult taks (if not impossible) to move that to the XAP portion
(AV_VIew).

The resize event is platform specific and not isolated in a simple function.
I suppose that it may be possible to put a funcion in the XAP_Frame for a
resize event and then have the platform specific areas call that function on
exiting their resize specific event. It would certainly clean up the code.
What do you think?

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett