Re: Does anyone want a patch for fields first?

Subject: Re: Does anyone want a patch for fields first?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 06:51:44 CST

On Tue, 7 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:
> HI Everyone,
> OK I'm just finishing off the new fields implementation. I can
> produce a multi-line field which can be formatted, updated, deleted, cut
> undone and saved. There are bugs but I'm confident they can be fixed and
> that the framwork will allow us to do Table Of Contents fields. Actually
> I think it will be easy to add this feature now.
>
> I would like to commit this code. However given that fields have been
> somewhat controversial is there anyone who would like to see a patch
> first?
>
> Otherwise I'll commit it in about 13 hours.

Do It! Do It! Do It!

I'm tired of hacking away on what I consider to be a very
stable feature that has only lived in the debug world. Let
it out into the world! Then we can aggressively go after
the problems that people report.

I'm also feeling the same about the Tab dialog incidentally.

Thomas ... anxiously waiting to do an cvs up