Re: [Crash] Double click while moving mouse.

Subject: Re: [Crash] Double click while moving mouse.
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 17:33:49 CST

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 03:11:23AM +0800, ha shao wrote:
> The current CVS will crash when double click the mouse and
> the mouse is moved at the same time. Abort message:
>
> ** ERROR **: file fp_TextRun.cpp: line 361 (void fp_TextRun::mapXYToPosition(int, int, PT_DocPosition &, UT_Bool &, UT_Bool &)): assertion failed: (bEOL == UT_TRUE || bEOL == UT_FALSE)
> aborting...
>
> The value of bEOL == 8

I am unable to duplicate this bug in the latest CVS, despite me moving
my mouse around a lot an clicking. Is there any part of this you
didn't mention that you need to do to get the crash?

Aslo, asserts (which is what happens there) are not crashes, or at least
they shouldn't be. If the CVS version you are using is more than 2 days
old, and you're running the GNOME build, then it wil crash on asserts.
Dom, however, has fixed this.

Thanks

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu