Re: Commit: silence compiler warnings

Subject: Re: Commit: silence compiler warnings
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 17:59:57 CST

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 06:45:29PM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> This patch silences almost all of the compiler warnings on Unix.

It should be noted that this doesn't silence the most egregious warning
of all: that glib.h includes non-ANSI macros, namely some with variable
arguments. We don't use those macros, but having illegal code in a file
we include makes me uncomfortable.

I'm really not sure what could be done about this. The only solution
that I can think of is to ask the Glib folks to include an IF !ANSI
or something of that sort around all of those macros.

Suggestions?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/