libpng not found

Subject: libpng not found
From: Dean Luick (luick@cray.com)
Date: Thu Nov 09 2000 - 18:21:12 CST

Hi,

I'm trying to build on an IRIX machine using a CVS image. I do not have
libpng installed anywhere (that I know of, nor do I have permission to
install it anywhere but my own directory). I started a make, libwv
complained about not finding it, but kept going. The build of abi stopped
because of undeclared PNG declarations (e.g. PNG_COMPRESSION_TYPE_BASE).
I'm puzzled by three things:

1. Why didn't the build stop when it couldn't find a png header?
2. On the other hand, the autoconf of libtool says they found png.h.
3. There is a libpng source tree at the same level as abi. Is the
   build sequence supposed go looking for that if it can't find
   libpng?

Is there something I should know before trying to do this?
Thank you for any help?

Dean