Re: Commit: const_casts needed to get RH7 to compile

Subject: Re: Commit: const_casts needed to get RH7 to compile
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 09:42:13 CST

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:34:16AM -0500, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> Your iconv is broken. That is the wrong prototype.

Don't speak to quickly, Dom. :-)

Iconv actually configures that paramater via a configure.in test.

The test is

if test $cl_cv_func_iconv = yes -a -z "$cl_cv_proto_iconv_arg1"; then
  ICONV_CONST=""
else
  ICONV_CONST="const"
fi

I don't speak autoconf, so I don't understand it, but the upshot is that
the argument is non-const on my system. So we are faced with the issue
of dealing with this variance on realworld systems.

Yet another reason for me to keep working on that old autoconf patch.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: