[Fwd: [cle-devel] The Chinese related character set infomation]

Subject: [Fwd: [cle-devel] The Chinese related character set infomation]
From: Chih-Wei Huang (cwhuang@linux.org.tw)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 04:00:19 CST

FYI,

--
   ~     Chih-Wei Huang (cwhuang)
  'v'    E-Mail       : cwhuang@linux.org.tw
 // \\   CLDP Project : http://www.linux.org.tw/CLDP/ (Coordinator)
/(   )\  CLE  Project : http://cle.linux.org.tw/CLE/  (Developer)
 ^`~'^   HomePage     : http://www.cwhuang.idv.tw/

attached mail follows:

Dear All,

I have developed a homepage to collect all the Chinese related character set information:

http://xcin.linux.org.tw/i18n/charset.html

This page is intended to provide the character set information in current glibc-2.2 for local programmers to develop their APs. Since recently some character sets have been reviewed carefully (e.g., BIG5), and some new standard appeared (e.g., GB18030), so we feel that to provide a unified information as a reference is very important. Hence is page is created.

Because I am a BIG5 user and very familiar with it, so in this page the information of BIG5 is more completed than the others. In other words, this page is still far from completed. So I would like to hear any suggestions and comments about this page. And in the future, we may also have a "more official" web site to provide these information.

The mapping table from various BIG5 and GB and the others will be provided here, too. We will look into this area more detailly as we could.

Best Regards,

T.H.Hsieh