Re: Commit: More fixes to the Lists Dialog for Unix

Subject: Re: Commit: More fixes to the Lists Dialog for Unix
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 02:31:39 CST

On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > > No it doesn't. Consequently it resizes whenever the internals of the
> > > dialog change. I think this is rather disconcerting. Is there some way to
> > > specify a minimum size to gtk elements? Of course I'd want the dialog to
> > > be able to expand for large fonts too.
> >
> > Last time I looked at it it even has fixed size for buttons "apply" and
> > "close" - that's why I'm curious.
> > What widget do you want to specify minimum size for? I think only drawing
> > area, yes? (If not, then something wrong with design of the dialog IMO).
> >

> I would like to set a minimum size for the entire dialog and the frame
> containing the customize information. When you change between
> say "numbered list" and "bullet" the dialog shrinks and expends whenyou go
> the other way.

 Of course there is a way to do this. Just measure the strings to be shown in
OptionMenu, set the widget's width to that + some constant via
 gtk_widget_set_usize(w,width,-1)
 As for minimum size of dialog - gtk will figure it out itself (if you've set
minimum size of drawing area). When the user presses "customize", dialog will
resize automatically.
 IMO this should work.

> Martin

 Best regards,