Re: fatal problems with lists dialog on unix

Subject: Re: fatal problems with lists dialog on unix
From: James Montgomerie (jamie@montgomerie.net)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 15:51:56 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Sevior" <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>
> > IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared Pixmap Wrapper
> > Falling back on Shared XImages
> > IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier for Shared XImage
> > Falling back on XImages
> >
> > I have 16bit color X-display.
> >
> > This should be fixed IMO before release.

I used to get this problem running GNOME on FreeBSD. It was something to do
with a shared memory limit being reached [note: not a leak, I think - it
just demands a lot of shared memory] - you can configure it somehow, but I
can't remember how - a search of http://www.deja.com/usenet should reveal
all.

Jamie.