P-Props Keep Together in RTF is possible

Subject: P-Props Keep Together in RTF is possible
From: Wilfried Hennings (w.hennings@fz-juelich.de)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:24:42 CST

Hello,
just to introduce myself:
I am maintainer of the FAQ list of Word <-> LaTeX converters at
http://www.fz-juelich.de/isr/1/texconv/texcnv.html
(www address may change in some future)

I just (again) read the AbiSource WWW pages and came over the feature matrix.
Regarding
   P-Props - Keep together
it is questioned
   (5) Does RTF even support this? Perhaps this should be n/a instead?

I can confirm that it does. I created a test document with a paragraph
having set "keep lines together" and another having set "keep together with
next paragraph". After saving from Word 2000 in word6/59 - 97/2000
compatibility rtf, the rtf code contains
   \keep
for "keep lines together"
and
   \keepn
for "keep together with next paragraph".
Hopefully older word versions do understand this, too (sigh!).

Hope that helps.

--
Dipl.-Ing. Wilfried Hennings c./o.
Forschungszentrum (Research Center) Juelich GmbH, MUT