Re: Commit: wv iconv fix

Subject: Re: Commit: wv iconv fix
From: ha shao (hashao@china.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 21:44:52 CST

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 06:13:58PM -0500, cinamod@hotmail.com wrote:
> With some luck, the end of iconv problems. I'm thinking that all of our
> iconv problems (wv's text.c and Abi's xap_encodingmanager and ispell code)
> stem from compilers treating "char *" differently than "unsigned char *".
> This may be worth looking into for the ispell code and encoding manager
> code. That is, if this patch works for everyone (which, for once, I think it
> will).

The new cvs does not work for me. The reason? obuf != buffer2
and you cannot do 'eachchar = (U16)buffer2'. So bitswap might
be still needed for whatever system that is weird.

Please refer the man 3 iconv to see how obuf is set.

Attached patch fixed my problem with wvHandleCodePage. Since
it created eachchar from buffer with bit shift, I have no idea
if bitswap is needed. You can check that the result of
eachchar = (U16)buffer2
and the way it is assign in the patch are different.

--
Best regard
ha_shao