Re: Drawing into the margin bug. (BeOS Fix Info)

Subject: Re: Drawing into the margin bug. (BeOS Fix Info)
From: Christopher Plymire (chrisjp@eudoramail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:30:35 CST

>Hi Christopher and Thomas,
> Do either of you see these bugs on your
>platforms? It sounds like you've fixed the drawing into the margin
bug.

>If you don't see these bugs I think I know where to look to fix this.
>
>Thanks very much.
>
>Martin

Just some more info on the BeOS Margin fix / bug:

The BeOS margin bug was caused by the previous code incorrectly
returning the calculation
of the character escapment. The code also used ceil on a calculation
that returned an integral result so it was unneccesary. (It was an
integral result since we use B_BITMAP_SPACING thus all characters use
integral spacing.)

Drawing still appears occasionaly in the margin, identically to the
other platforms, so it is probably an xp bug.

Hope this helps,
- Christopher

[snip]