Re: can't enable statusbar messages on unix

Subject: Re: can't enable statusbar messages on unix
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:22:49 CST

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000, ha shao wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 18, 2000 at 04:53:37PM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> >
> > Guys, why nobody have replied? Could anybody tell whether statusbar works or
> > not on thier box in non-gnome unix build?
> >

> > > I still can't enable statusbar messages in non-gnome build on unix,
> > > independant of $LANG. When I open "prefs" dialog, enable "status bar" there,
> > > nothing happens. When I return to that dialog, "statusbar" is unchecked for
> > > some unknown reason.
> > >

> The status bar that shows: Page1/1 INS default ?
> Well, it shows okey but the preference of it is always uncheck.
> Cannot turn it on (tick it)but it always shows in frame. Weird.

 As for me (under any locale) I see the statusbar frame but NO text in it.
I've cheched in gdb, calls to draw text are performed (they end in
gdk_draw_text !) but I still see no letters/digits - just empty frames in
statusbar. Of course I tried even with default gtk theme (my default gtk theme
is very dark) - still the same.

> Are you gonna fix it for us? hehehe, good, thanks in advance.

 No, I won't fix that.

> --
> Best regard
> ha_shao