Win32 "expanding" dialogs

Subject: Win32 "expanding" dialogs
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 11:36:31 CST

Specifically, I'm trying to complete the Lists dlg for 0.7.12, and have now
come to the question of button text for the "Customize" button. In at least
"US English" (M$' term) the string " >>" is appended to display "you can
expand this" and the string " <<" to display "you can hide the 'advanced'
controls".

Is anyone aware of different rules for other locales?
If so, do we have a standard (i.e. some functions already in place) for
this, should we create something for it, or ...?

/Mike - please don't cc