I18n floating point conversions

Subject: I18n floating point conversions
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 16:49:26 CST

If any of the following is just my ignorance, please state so and just point
me in the right direction.

Do we currently have some functions to convert to/from floating point text
representation in an i18n fashion?

In e.g. Germany and Sweden the non-computer world use e.g. "1,72", when we
computer users use "1.72" (comma vs. dot). I'd assume some function using
localeconv() or setlocale(), but searching the sources for these strings I
found nothing helpful.

I'm now facing this problem in the lists dialog, and just wanted to know if
this problem is already solved by some other means in AW.

Perhaps this post only boils down to "Is there a way to convert from AW
internal language representation to the C language representation of locales
(to be used in setlocale())".

localeconv() and also C++ standard library takes care of this, but
unfortunately we're currently forbidden to use the standard C++ library (for
one thing it uses templates) and the lack of proper localeconv() and
setlocale() in the code makes me think that this is perhaps a new issue.

If it indeed is a new issue, I'd have to say that 0.7.12 would have to be
released without Win32 Lists dialog (to be released anytime soon). Also,
should this be the case, it would probably need a release note stating this
problem.

/Mike - please don't cc