Re: fix for wv

Subject: Re: fix for wv
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 05:23:30 CST

According to ha shao <hashao@china.com>:

> I only see word6 and word8/Word97 document at
> http://www.wotsit.org/search.asp?s=text
> So it might as well that WORD7 do not use unicode either. It looks
> like that word6 has more common features with Word95 than
> word8 has with word95.

Word 6 and Word 95 (aka 7.0) share the same file format.
Word 97 (aka 8.0) and Word 2000 (aka 9.0) share the same file format.
That why you only have 2 different format.

They all share the same common base, but with enough variation to be
incompatible.

Supporting older version would be nice to, but first things first :=)

Hub