Re: concerns on export of CJK text to RTF

Subject: Re: concerns on export of CJK text to RTF
From: ha shao (hashao@china.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 08:34:47 CST

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 03:31:08PM +0400, hvv@hippo.ru wrote:

> Can it be that for some encoding (say Big5) the byte of multibyte sequence is
> some special RTF character like "\" or "}" or "{"? If yes, we have to quote
> them (with '\') when writing bytes of multibyte string to RTF file.

Absolutely. The 2nd byte of a big5 char could be '\','{','}'. Actually,
the 2nd type of a big5 char can be pretty much anything. :) So
it's better to escape any thing that could be a RTF char. This exist
in BIG5, GBK (an extension to GB2312). GB2312 has no such problem.

> As for the last ha shao's patch wv to to support word6 import of CJK docs -
> are there any reasons not to commit it? (I don't see any).

I saw a email from Dom said that the patch was commited. It should be
in cvs now. If word6 still does not import properly, it could be another
feature from MS. :)

--
Best regard
ha_shao