Re: UI Hit Squad

Subject: Re: UI Hit Squad
From: F J Franklin (F.J.Franklin@sheffield.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 10:06:06 CST

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
> >Definately for the next release! Actually it will be an easy one so I
> >think I'll make it harder. I would love to print in Landscape mode. It
> >will be easy to set Abi to display and render in Landscape, however I'd
> >like to know how hard it will be to make Abi print in Landscape mode. Do
> >our postscript gurus have opinions?
> I know that in gnome-print code, it will take about 1-2 LOC. Perhaps a few
> more than that to map abi's names to gnome-print's names (we might use "US
> Letter" and GP uses "US-Letter", etc...) but that is trivial. I think that
> it will be much harder to do in the PS code.

I don't know. All that's needed is a flag in abiword with page
orientation, then a translate and rotate before printing, and have a
%%PageOrientation at the top somewhere - i.e., I don't think it will be
*that much* harder.

Regards, Frank

Francis James Franklin
F.J.Franklin@shef.ac.uk

Diodorus the professor of logic died of shame because he could not at once
solve a problem put to him in jest by Stilpo.
                                                       --- Pliny the Elder