multi-level lists bug

Subject: multi-level lists bug
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 02:04:05 CST

This one is partially my fault I think (at least the part of finding the
flaw :-) ).

I *think* I somehow have managed to create a multi-level list where the
outermost fl_AutoNum doesn't have a label. The error here I think is the
code that let me do this in the first place. Since it can't handle this at
the time it's trying to use the data, it should never have let that data in.
It should probably have triggered an assert or returned an error back to a
client of it.

It displays itself as fl_AutoNum::getLabel calls fl_AutoNum::_getLabelstr.
That one in turn calls m_pParent->_getLabelstr(...) and, poof. The call to
fl_AutoNum::getPositionInList for the parent item asserts there are no items
in that fl_AutoNum (m_pItems.getItemCount() == 0).

I don't know that code well enough to provide a fix for it. But maybe, just
maybe, it should assert that the parent does indeed have a label in
fl_AutoNum::setParent? Is it possible that it should always have (invariant)
at least one item in its m_pItems?

/Mike