Re: Win32 Debug Break

Subject: Re: Win32 Debug Break
From: Michael D. Pritchett (mpritchett@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 03:16:03 CST

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Nordell <tamlin@algonet.se>
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 2:34 AM

> Michael D. Pritchett wrote:
> > Using cygwin and CLI the debug build has been broken. I was able to
trace
> > the error to new code in ut_assert.h.
> >
> > Using the command line CLI _MSC_VER is not defined. As a result the new
> > thread-safe <crtdbg.h> somehow clashes with stdlib.h and the build
fails.
> > am uncertain how to get <crtdbg.h> to work.
>
> All these are my faults. But, I was under the impression that both the
macro
> "_MSC_VER" and the header file "crtdbg.h" was Microsoft MSVC specific
ones.
> Was this a wrong assumption?
>
> /Mike - please don't cc

Mike -

I assume that using Developor Studio, this works itself out.

Within the current makefile system (using the command line) _MSC_VER never
gets defined. I don't believe that "c1" hardcodes this into the compiler
but expects DevStudio to do so. I don't know this as a fact, but the
current build certainly is pointing in that direction.

Now the "crtdbg.h" gets included fine, but then it seems cause a problem
with "stdlib.h". Somehow memory allocation routines gets defined twice and
it blows up. Now MVC includes two "stdlib.h" one in the INCLUDE directory
and one in CRT/SRC directory. The CRT?SRC one would probabaly be the
correct one to link up to with the crtdbg.h, but that is just a guess.

Cheers!

Michael D. Pritchett