Re: The importance of the spellchecking non-English speakingcountries

Subject: Re: The importance of the spellchecking non-English speakingcountries
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 17:40:11 CST

On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 10:13:24AM +1100, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Jordi Mas wrote:
>
> > Hi Martin,
> >
> > What I can tell is that the spell checking for non-English dictionaries
> > does not work on win32, that is my platataform. I have just copied the
> > hash file, and it did not work.
> >
> > I understand from your message that the non-English dictionary support
> > is not working for non-Unix builds on 0.7.12. Correct?
> >

> That's right. Non-English Spell check is only available on RedHat Linux
> 7.0.
>
> In addition CJK support is only available on the Unix builds. We need more
> Windows developers with the skills needed to port these two very useful
> features.

Actually, I think non-english spell check works on all of our
Pspell/Aspell platforms, of which redhat is not the only one. But I
might be wrong here.

Also, Ispell should work for non-english languages on other OS's if
provided with the right hash files, which we don't distribute, AFAIK.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: