Re: ability to not to use gnome print under gnome build

Subject: Re: ability to not to use gnome print under gnome build
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 08:43:01 CST

> May be I was understood wrong. I proposed to add another menu item to
>File
>menu, called "print directly", that will pop the gtk dialog up. I didn't
>propse to hack gnome-print dialog to also allow printing via plain unix
>code,
>and I didn't propose to remove gnome-print dialog too. I was suggesting to
>add
>another menu item (may be even hidden for latin1 locales) to popup gtk
>dialog.
>
> User should have a choice IMO. May be some bug will popup in gnome-print
>that will prevent the use of gnome build for some users. Just writing
>20-line
>patch to fix this potential problem might be reasonable idea.

This is exactly what I meant by "I don't want it." The user should not be
given a choice to "print non-iso8895-1" and a choice to just "print." The
user should see one choice: print. If you want "print" to rely on our PS
code instead of gnome-print, well that is a different (and better, IMO)
argument that I have not seen made here so far.

Dom

Dom