Re: Fonts in PostScript

Subject: Re: Fonts in PostScript
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:15:36 CDT

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Aaron Lehmann wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 10:40:41PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> > I am editing a form in AbiWord which I'm going to print to a file for anyone to
> > download. I printed it and found that 99% of the file consists of fonts in hex.
> > Since all the fonts are standard fonts that come with any PS interpreter, is
> > there a way to tell Abi to leave them out?
>
> I dont't know, but I would gladly commit a patch to allow this. In
> fact, it would be very easy to conditionally output the fonts. The
> hard part is the user interface. If you can add an option to the print
> dialog (preferably on all platforms), I would be happy to try to make
> the printing code work in accordance with this option.
>
> Suggested user interface is a set of radio buttons (pardon the lame
> ASCII):
>
> Fonts to include in PostScript output:
> _
> | | All
> ~
> _
> | | All but standard 13
> ~
> _
> | | None
> ~

 This seems OK, but it's better to have ability to configure default choice
on the Preferences page, also allowing to override default choice for
particular print job from "print" dialog.

 Another thing that would be nice to have is the ability to specify .ps file
that will be included after prolog of each .ps file being generated.

> __
> Aaron Lehmann

 Best regards,
  -Vlad