Re: A couple quick issues

Subject: Re: A couple quick issues
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 10:15:11 CDT

>1) You use // (c++ style) comments in wvparse.c. I know this is legal as
>of C99, but not all compilers support it.
That'll get fixed. This is pre-me.

>2) You name a variable bool in libole2/ms-ole-summary.h. As of C99, this
>is now a reserved keyword. (gets you coming and going :-)
This is gnome's fault. I'll fix it.

>3) Dom, your last commit removed wvDocument_create(), which you claimed
>was unused. However, it is used by your code in ie_exp_MsWord97.cpp, in
>AbiWord.
Then consider it deprecated and "#if 0" the code out or don't build the
exporter. CVS is always changing, evolving, unstable, blah blah blah...
You've heard the story before. The function never did anything of interest
anyway. wvDocuments have been replaced by the wvExporter "class". If you'd
like to supply a patch to abiword's copy of wv to re-include
wvDocument_create, please do. In another day or so I'll have other streams
being opened by wvExporter_create beside the Summary Stream, namely the rest
of them (Main, Table, Object, etc...). You should be able to achieve
identical functionality using this and the few other function calls I'll
add, and it'll make my life easier. But I don't think I'll be re-adding
wvDocument_create to wvWare.

As for other build issues, I'll be more than happy to help you out with
them. I haven't been updating Makefile.abi. If you use cvsweb to view the
changes to Makefile.in and exporter/Makefile.in, the changes should be
pretty straightforward. If there are other build problems, let me know.
Things build fine for me on Linux, BSD, and Sparc right now. I'm interested
in seeing how things go on other platforms.

Dom