Re: Yahoo! All in the green again

Subject: Re: Yahoo! All in the green again
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 08:27:34 CDT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Thomas Fletcher wrote:

> All,
>
> I was tired of seeing red in tinderbox so I went on a
> bit of a crusade to do the touch and polish that was
> needed to make things build green again. Almost of the
> problems were attributed to the "Vlad checkin" which
> required a new dependancy on libiconv (as opposed to
> just needing the header file as we had previously).
> Not to harp on this again, but when we make changes,
> can we all keep an eye out for what the ramifications
> of these changes are for other platforms. In this case
> we updated the Makefile for BSD, but it wasn't any
> good (which was why the BSD build was failing). For
> BeOS we weren't even including the library (which to
> be fair you could only find out after I put a fix in
> to work around the lack of R4.5 WheelMouse support).

 Why my patch required libiconv to be added to the list of libraries to be
linked with? I never recommended to do this - since it seems that iconv()
family of functions was used by AW before my patch (at least by ispell
module) - so these libraries could still be used IMO.

> In any case ... the world is green again.

 That's nice. Thanks.

> Thomas
> Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
> thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
> (613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf

 Best regards,
  -Vlad