Re: support for Tables

Subject: Re: support for Tables
From: Karl Ove Hufthammer (huftis@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:30:30 CDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vlad Harchev" <hvv@hippo.ru>
To: <abiword-dev@abisource.com>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 1:46 PM
Subject: support for Tables

> Just curious, how much code is already present in AW to support tables?

Nothing, I think.

> Is support for tables planned in the not-so-distant future?

After v1.0.

> Seems this is the only major feature AW lacks compared to other word
> processors.

Yup.

But this is *not* something that should be rushed. It should be planned,
discussed, discussed and then discussed again. Tables are very useful, and it
would be great if AbiWord had a better tables implementation than all other WPs!
:)
We'll need to look at what's good and what's bad in other WPs.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer