Re: support for Tables

Subject: Re: support for Tables
From: Johan Stenfors (Johan.Stenfors@firstlinux.net)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 07:29:17 CDT

Should not Automatic headings numbering be on the list TODO ? I personally find it the most important feature missing.

About the Tables, when the time comes, I believe we should wite a specification of the file format/internal format of a table. Then definitions for methods (low level) to add/change delete a table cell. (A row and a column are several cells, might be done as iterative cell operations).

When this design is done, several implementation/user interaction ideas can compeete. Than we can choose the most promising implementation, and it would only affect the user interface, the internals would be the same.

How about the HTML definition of a table ? Is it too basic to be sufficient ?

My opinion is that what is important is to design the data format for the Tables, the rest is just coding.

Johan

--- Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au>

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net