Re: The next release?

Subject: Re: The next release?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 09:03:53 CDT

Sounds good. Things we'll need to fix:

1) Spelling is horribly broken on my RH7. Now Abi just segfaults instead of
bringing up an empty dialog. Sometimes segfaults on add too. This includes
the spelling dialog and the right click context. menu. Drawing red lines
under words is also flaky as is "Ignore All".
2) Printing non-local chars horribly broken on RH7
3) RH7 fonts issue (i.e. xfs & XFree86 4.0.x vs our Insert Symbol dialog)
4) Exit using the "X" button is flaky sometimes on at least my RH7 box.

The first two are probably iconv byte-order problems. xfs I can get working
sometimes. No idea on what's up with the "x" button. Wierd...

Also:
5) un #if DEBUG the DocBook importer if we're going to advertise our DocBook
skillz to the gnome project. Then again, we don't really import DBK
properly... we do XML and docbook is sgml. This works fine as long as your
bocbook is well formed and you don't do things like this:
<BooK>
stuff
</bOOk>

or
<emphasis>hi</>

These are totally valid SGML constructs and we (i.e. expat) doesn't handle
them.

Gnome goodies are good. I'm going to add dictionary support(via gdict) and
gal support this week so Gnome people will appreciate a new release.

Dom