Re: The next release?

Subject: Re: The next release?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 22:02:28 CDT

On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Ashleigh Gordon wrote:

> What new features are to be included in this new release? Do they have
> documentation for them yet. I haven't been able to keep up with the help
> lately, I've been pretty busy. I hope to have the help search function done
> in November, as I will have some spare time then. I also plan to include
> modeless dialogs in the documentation. But I need to know which dialogs have
> been made modeless on which platforms?

Modeless dialogs are:
Insert Symbol
Goto
Word Count
Find
Replace
Bullets and Numbering

These are modeless on all platforms.

Minimum features we should have in the next release are:

Tabs
Fields
Lists
Export to WML format (for display on mobile phones)
Import/export to docbook
Support for non Latin-1 languages (like Russian)

Also there are various places in the current English docmentation that
contain French descriptions. In think the paragraph documentation is the
wort for this. We also need English screen shots in many places.

Cheers

Martin