Re: Spell checker always on?

Subject: Re: Spell checker always on?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 06:20:21 CDT

On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, Harald Hannelius wrote:

> Could I help in any way? Abiword looks _soooo_ promising that I'm willing
> to put some time into it as well.. Well, corel 2k looked promising as
> well, until I got to install/test it, but abiword really looks
> promising/usable _today_. :)

Sure. Ok I think the code you want to look at is in

src/text/fmt/fl_Doclayout.cpp

In this file is a method

_toggleAutoSpell(UT_Bool bSpell)

if bSpell is true Abi will be placed in autospell mode and those squiggles
will appear.

This method is called from

FL_DocLayout::_prefsListner

With the code:

        // auto spell
        pPrefs->getPrefsValueBool( (XML_Char *)AP_PREF_KEY_AutoSpellCheck,
&b );
        pDocLayout->_toggleAutoSpell( b );

The line
pPrefs->getPrefsValueBool( (XML_Char *)AP_PREF_KEY_AutoSpellCheck, &b );

Should reflect the value as set from the options dialog. Clearly something
is going wrong in this chain from the Options dialog. I would put in
series of UT_DEBUGMSG(("Harald: Autospell = %d \n",b));

statement from the Options code:

(From src/wp/ap/xp/ap_Dialog_Options.cpp plus
src/wp/ap/unix/ap_UnixDialog_Options.cpp) and trace through that a change
in the autospell option in the dialog Does/Does not stop the squiggles.
Find where this is going wrong and fix it. Even if you can't fix it if can
identify where this is failing it will help.

Cheers

Martin