Re: Dynamic Zoom Patch

Subject: Re: Dynamic Zoom Patch
From: Paul Egli (pegli@sourcegear.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2000 - 16:47:13 CDT

Sam, before you commit please take the following into account:

>> I applied the patch, which went in clean, but when I compiled I got this
>error:
>>
>> xap_Win32Frame.cpp
>> xap_Win32Frame.cpp(39) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
>'fv_View.h': No such file or directory
>> make[4]: ***
>[/cygdrive/c/iBuild/abiword/abi/src/WIN32_1.1.0_i386_OBJ/obj/xap_Win32Frame.
>obj] Error 2
>> make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/iBuild/abiword/abi/src/af/xap/win'

>Paul - thanks catching my mistack. My working version unfortunately does
>not mimic the include directories of the Makefile system. I'll look into
>cleaning up my system to better reflect the state of the Makefiles.
>
>There are two possible fixes to this - either promote the calcZoomPageWidth
>(et. el.) to the AV_View level or add the appropriate includes to the
>makefile system.
>
>After looking at it, I chose the easy way out even though it does not follow
>the spirit of separating non-WP specific item from WP specific items.
>
>In the file:
>abi/src/af/xap/win/Makefile
>
>add the following lines just priot to the 'build::' line:
>INCLUDES= -I$(ABI_XX_ROOT)/src/text/fmt/xp \
> -I$(ABI_XX_ROOT)/src/text/ptbl/xp \
> -I$(ABI_XX_ROOT)/src/wp/impexp/xp \
> -I$(ABI_XX_ROOT)/src/wp/ap/xp

The original patch actually broke the windows build (I don't know if you're
aware of that). Adding those 4 lines fixed the problem.

Thanks.

-Paul Egli

ps:
I love this feature! One problem though: you can't turn it on or off from
the toolbar, only from the zoom dialog.