PATCH: Redhat 7.0 compile fixes for very latest CJK.

Subject: PATCH: Redhat 7.0 compile fixes for very latest CJK.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 20:55:38 CST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> I've put a fix here:
> http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/abiword/next-cjk-patch.diff
>
> It should be applied over AW patched with sam's or mine version of CJK patch.
>
> Martin, please look at 2 last hunks of that patch. They fix the pieces it
> didn't work.
> Other hunks are to make lists' bullets working with single-byte non-latin1
> languages like russian.

Ah I see. Looks like the straight cast to UT_UCSChar was not quite working
in the List dialog. Maybe some high bits were set?

I've applied the patch to a new tree merged with Dom's new gnome-print.
It compiles and builds without problems on RH 6.2 in unix. I haven't
tried a gnome build yet coz I gotta get the latest gnome-print. Now the
Lists dialog and the symbols inserted into frame look correct but printing
the symbols doesn't work. I get some strange symbol instead. When I used
"Insert Symbol" to insert "Dingbats" fonts into the text they appeared OK
on the screen but upon printing looking like Chinese characters.

The old abi did this too.

I've made a patch with my RH 7 fixes, your latest patch against a current
abi (including Doms gnome-print).

Sam can you test this on your Freebsd machine. I think this is almost
ready to go into CVS. Once there it will be easier to fix things.

It appears to fix a number of problems on RedHat 7.0 at the very least!

Cheers

Martin