Re: CJK patch test error report!

Subject: Re: CJK patch test error report!
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 05:29:22 CST

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Belcon wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Vlad Harchev дµÀ¡Ã
>
> [deleted]

> > > I haven't got a printer.I will test this later.
> >
> > You don't have to have a printer.
> > You can print to .ps file (jiust select "file" in print dialog) and look at
> > the raw file and/or see it in gv (ghostview - part of GhostScript package).
> >

> I have test .ps file.After I changed the first fields of
> fonts/GB2312/fonts.dir
> (or fonts/Big5/fonts.dir) according to my gs5.05's font file.Gv works so
> good.
> I don't think there is any problem when printing. :-)

 It's very nice to hear that.

 I'm surpised that you didn't change GS's Fontmap instead of fonts.dir (if
that's possible). Your approach is not perfect IMO. May be it's better to emit
font data directly in .ps file in order to save users from doing such bad
hacks with fonts.dir? I know .ps files will be very huge, but ...

> > Best regards,
> > -Vlad
> Best regards,
> -Belcon