re: american.hash

Subject: re: american.hash
From: James Alan Brown (James@jabcomp.force9.co.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:53:07 CDT

re: american.hash

I have downloaded and installed ispell 3.1 and the British/American med/xlg
dictionaries in order to build hash tables.

It seems to me that the AbiWord supplied american.hash is not a standard
ispell file but somehow has been modified! (can someone confirm this please)?

When I build american.hash using buildhash it builds fine but if installed
into the AbiSource/directory unlike the supplied file (american.hash) it
crashes out with the same error.

Magic2 expected 0x9602 got 0x35

If my built american.hash and british.hash work in other Linux programs,
that use ispell, then why is it that your version does not work also and
only funtions correctly in AbiWord?

Ok what gives?

Regards,
James