Re: Status of 0.7.11 - continued

Subject: Re: Status of 0.7.11 - continued
From: Peter Haight (peterh@sapros.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 14:09:00 CDT

>Anyway, to make a long story short, everything looked ready to go, and are tes
>ts builds ran everywhere. Then, when we went through the supposedly routing s
>tep of creating 0.7.11, the FreeBSD failed to create the static tar.gz file.
>I am not sure why, nor do I know why it started happening recently. If you wa
>nt to help AbiWord, here is what to do: Try to do a "make distribution" on Fre
>eBSD, and figure out why it fails.

It works for me. I used to have a problem with static builds. It would fail
to link because it was missing a bunch of jpeg functions. That was
happening because -ljpeg was too early in the link line. I tracked it down
to /usr/X11R6/etc/printConf.sh which is part of gnomeprint. This gets called
from 'gnome-config --libs gnomeui print'. I'm pretty sure that the real
problem was somewhere in gnome-config. It has something to do with how it
strips duplicate libs and the interaction between doing gnomeui and print at
the same time.