Re: commit -- fix (Re: commit: New Lists Implementation.)

Subject: Re: commit -- fix (Re: commit: New Lists Implementation.)
From: sam th (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 14:14:00 CDT

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Paul Egli wrote:

> >It did indeed fail on windows. I believe that the attached patch will fix
> >the problem, but would appreciate it if someone could check that for me.
> >It does still compile on Unix. (This doesn't break your code, does it
> >Martin?)
>
> I applied the patch and the build went farther, but then had another error:
>
> fp_FieldListLabelRun.cpp(44) : error C2065: 'strlen' : undeclared identifier
> make[4]: *** [/cygdrive/c/iBuild/directCVS/abi/src/WIN32_1.1.0_i386_OBJ/obj/fp_FieldListLabelRun.obj] Error 2

This is a problem that I'm unsure of how to fix. The code giving the
errors is not code that was changed by Martin's commit. It would appear
that this error is a result of serious incompatibility between the new
list implementation back end and the old Win32 front end. If this
interpretation is correct, then there will be no real way to fix it w/o
revamping the Win32 front end.

Martin will have a better idea what to do here.

                                sam th
                                sam@uchicago.edu
                                http://www.abisource.com/~sam