why you don't provide patches between releases for download?

Subject: why you don't provide patches between releases for download?
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 07:03:17 CDT

 Hi,

 I'm using inet on a slow link (24Kbit/s modem), so it's a pain for me to get
sources of each abi release (I had to download everything again, though only
approx 10% of things changed) (and I need sources since I plan to hack it
too).
 Why don't you provide patches beween subsequent releases of abi? This would
be very nice. Providing CVS access is not enough for this since (as it seems
to me) it's impossible to ask cvs for diffs between arbitrary versions of
packages without having a tree locally installed ("cvs rdiff -r 0.7.9 -r
0.7.11 abi" requires checked out cvs tree locally). Could you please publish
patches between versions too for all components AW uses?

 Thanks.

 Best regards,
  -Vlad