Re: More Mac build

Subject: Re: More Mac build
From: Hubert Figuiere (hfiguiere@teaser.fr)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 03:27:39 CDT

According to sam th <sam@uchicago.edu>:

> > >BTW, with the public beta, dev tools are missing unless you have paid ADC.
> > >
> > Actually, they are going to post the dev tools to apple.com
> > in mid October for free download, but you have to be a registered
> > (but not necessarily paid) ADC member.
>
> Which dev tools? I was under the impression that OS X used gcc etc, all of
> which are in the Darwin CVS tree. Or do they require money for the
> development libs?

There is no gcc, no make and no headers on MacOS X Public Beta. One should
wait for either CodeWarrior 6 (not released yet) or for the dev tools CD
included in the ADC CD Mailing (Premier, Select and Student member of ADC)
or for the download available mid-october.

I will need to find a solution to continue my work on the MacOS port.

Hub