Re: Need volunteers to coordinate extra apps release for GNOME 1.4

Subject: Re: Need volunteers to coordinate extra apps release for GNOME 1.4
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 01:21:59 CDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, sam th wrote:

> I'm also willing to work on this. I'm back at school, so I have a fast
> internet connection and more free time, so I'll be able to hack lots more
> AbiWord stuff.

That's great Sam! I would certainly appreciate the help. Can you check out
the various pending patches, especially the new translations? I'm at home
with 56K modem behind a firewall which prevents direct CVS access. I can
do commits but its a pain.

On another point I've been thinking through what we need for 0.90. I'm
confident that Fields, Lists and Tabs will be ready Real Soon Now. That
leaves Page Numbers, Headers/Footers, Styles, Page Setup and Borders and
Shading. You've made some progress on Page Numbers, do you see that being
finished anytime soon? Do you need some help? Can you remind us what has
help you up?

> Martin, what do you think of my binary proposal?

Sorry I should have replied sooner. It sounds great Sam. I was thinking
along the same Lines myself. We should never go through the 3 week delay
the last release took again.

> And what's the Gnome 1.4 timeframe?

I think they're shooting for mid-November at this point. It really depends
on when Nautilus and bonobo are completely stable. 1.4 will be delayed
until Nautilus is totally ready. They don't want another Gnome 1.0
debacle.

I was thinking that we could make either a 0.7.12 or 0.90 release by
mid-November.

Of course it would be great to have bonobo support ourselves by then. But
as always it depnds on how much time Dom, Joaquin and John Tunison can
find. They're all busy people.

Cheers

Martin