Re: chunks design -- ...

Subject: Re: chunks design -- ...
From: Paul Rohr (paul@abisource.com)
Date: Tue Sep 26 2000 - 19:50:39 CDT

At 09:25 AM 9/25/00 +1000, Martin Sevior wrote:
>On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Paul Rohr wrote:
>> Which patch are you referring to? The last code I remember seeing from
>> Keith was followed by a lengthy exchange between Keith and Justin where
they
>> agreed that certain aspects of that code should morph into something a lot
>> more like what I've been describing.
>
>HI Paul,
> Here is the link to the patch.

>The only follow up to this post was this comment by Justin where he states
>he wants to extend the concept on the formatter and layout side by adding
>a group. Nowhere do I see agreement that there should be Field strux.

>Unfortunately after the patch, Keith dissappeared from the List so we
>don't know what he thinks of Justin's suggestion. :-(

Bingo. Now I think I see where the confusion is coming from. I've been
focusing on an *earlier* discussion between Keith and Justin, culminating in
this post, where Justin suggests that Keith's design essentially has field
objects masquerading as strux, so they should be refactored to make that
clearer:

look at.